Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hitting The Course

Thursday, 10 May 2007

Today, my OB called to verify my ultrasound results and to discuss how important it is that I rest, do no exercise, and count my contractions. I need to keep this baby in until at least 34 weeks, so that's more than a month to go. (After that, he said I can exercise...like I'll even want to at that point! Ha!)

After sleeping most of the afternoon after work, Chris and I went to get Mexican food for dinner, go grocery shopping at Costco, and then eat some birthday cake with at his parents' to celebrate his mom's birthday.

Earlier tonight, Auntie Cori (good friends of my dad's) called to remind me of dinner reservations in a couple of weeks to celebrate her husband, my Uncle Steve's birthday. It's also to celebrate Dad's birthday, as he would have turned 60 on the 23rd. I told her how we are still looking for something to put Dad's ashes in, and she said she might be able to get Uncle Steve to get another ipu to put them in. I recounted the story of how Jason took some ashes to the golf course yesterday (as he participated in a golf tournament with some City & County friends of Dad's)and scattered them on the 18th hole. We laughed because he took them in a ziploc plastic container (which Auntie Cori said is actually what Dad would probably have suggested anyway!), and Jay also said the strong winds took some over to the Ala Wai Canal. We'll be keeping some for ourselves, but Jay intends on hitting a few more golf courses to spread Dad around.

No comments: