Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Climbing Up The Hill

Tuesday, 29 May 2007

Had my NST at the hospital at 1:30 pm, with a doctor's checkup following, and so I had to climb up the hill today. Jay and Shelly were still working on cutting wood and I didn't see them around (because they were up on the driveway), so I slowly made my way up the dirt hill. When I got to the top, they asked, "How did you get up here?!" I said, "CLIMB! I have to go to doctor's appointments."

My NST went well, no contractions and the baby's heartbeat looks good, and my amniotic fluid level is at a more normal level now. My doctor said everything looks fine. I had my iron level checked, and that looked fine as well. I asked if I could go to work, but not work. But, he said this is a critical time, these next two weeks, and I really need to take it easy, so no.

I picked up the cute invitations that Miya made for my baby shower, dropped off some things at school, talked to my principal and secretary, picked up my pre-dinner for my 4:30 pm feeding, then headed home. Since Jay and his friends were still working on the stairs, sawing, measuring, etc. I hung out at Auntie Stevie's house (the middle house on our hill) for a few hours. She showed me pictures from my cousin Geoff's graduation ceremony and I watched TV and hung out. After the sun went down, my brother called to see if I was coming home. I told him I had been right next door the whole time! He didn't realize that, but warned me about the few stairs that were not done, and that I'd have to climb over a boulder to get to the flight of stairs.

I waited for Chris to get home, and he and Jay helped me down. The stairs look good. Jay still has to figure out what to do with the boulder in the way, and has to fix the rest of the stairs. So, there's at least one or two more days of work.

Hopefully I won't have to go anywhere tomorrow, but at least I don't have to CLIMB a mountain anymore!

No comments: