Monday, May 21, 2007

The Mysterious Rash

Monday, 21 May 2007

Went to see my doctor about my mysterious rash. He's not sure it is indeed PUPPP, as it's kind of early for that in this stage of my pregnancy. He told me to try hydrocortisone cream to control the itching and see if it goes away. It could just be that my skin is changing and is more sensitive to things now, perhaps soap, sheets, dust, etc. My doctor gave me a hard time, saying that if it's not one problem, it's another with me and this pregnancy. No kidding! Spent lunchtime visiting with Miya and Taiga and went grocery shopping and hung out at home. While in the checkout line, this old lady in front of me looked at me and said, "Well, it looked like you were doing a good job there, as everything went together, except for that last thing." She was referring to my bag of beef jerky, not the fresh vegetables and tofu I had on the conveyer belt. My response, "Yeah, well, must be a craving. Don't tell my husband! He'll scold me for eating junk food." He he he!

Although my belly and arms are still itchy, I have been trying not to scratch. Whenever I put the gel cold pack on my belly, Junior does not like it one bit! Just like his mommy, he gets cold really easily. I'll move it on my left side, and he'll kick and kick, and then I'll move it on my right, and he'll kick on that side. It's kind of funny.

Hopefully the itching goes away soon, or else there will be lots of kicking and jabbing going on in my tummy...which is not such a bad thing!

No comments: