Saturday, May 12, 2007

Me...The Armchair Triathlete

Saturday, 12 May 2007

I am beginning to feel like I should be wearing the "Armchair Triathlete" t-shirt I got my dad last year. All I do these days is eat, sit (and watch TV) and sleep. For most of the pregnancy, I've been limited to light to moderate exercise (walking and swimming). Now, I've been limited to no exercise (though I still have to climb my 85 stairs daily, which works for me), although trying to put on my pants has become more of a daily balancing act since I can't see my toes.

I've been taking 2-3 hour naps daily, even after going to sleep at a decent hour. I joked with Chris that I'm now sleeping like Dad used to, all propped up into position, with my legs elevated on pillows; and when I want to stay on my side, I have to prop a wall of pillows all around me so that I won't move. In reply, Chris joked, "Does that mean I have to feed you too?" All the while, Junior still kicks and kicks and moves around my belly. He's been making some powerful jabs lately, sometimes waking me up or making me reposition myself because I feel like he's going to kick through the mattress!

Woke up early this morning and went with Miya to the Farmer's Market. It was nice to see the fresh flowers, buy some vegetables, and eat some fried green tomatoes, but boy was it hot out at 8 o'clock in the morning.

Uncle Ralf, my dad's good friend and fishing buddy who emceed a variety of our special events (including my dad's retirement party, doing a prayer at the wedding reception, and my dad's recent memorial), called to check in on us and see how we're doing.

Chris went bike riding this afternoon, and I'll be working on report cards (in between napping and eating) and then will head out to celebrate my friend Joel's birthday this evening.

No comments: