Thursday, May 24, 2007

Celebrating Birthdays

Thursday, 24 May 2007

Tonight, we met Uncle Steve and Auntie Coralie at Makino Chaya, a Japanese food buffet restaurant at Aloha Tower Marketplace. It was Uncle Steve's 60th birthday. And, yesterday was Dad's 60th birthday. Steve and Dad were high school classmates and athletes and friends. They treated about 13 of us to dinner, just close family and friends. Only my stepmom did not show up for dinner.

We enjoyed dinner, filling ourselves up with crab legs, shrimp, tempura, sushi, etc. I was stuffed, even after only two plates (at this stage in the pregnancy, my stomach is shrinking, so it's harder for me to consume at my normal buffet pace!). They gave us a lei to enjoy for my dad, and I put it over his box of ashes when I got home.

No comments: