Sunday, May 27, 2007

Bedridden...and With No Way Out

Sunday, 27 May 2007

So, today, both Chris and I were bedridden all day. After his mountain biking accident yesterday afternoon, which ended him up in the ER and a bamboo stake up through his shoe and sock and foot, he was crippled all day today, limping around the house, and I was lying on the couch all day still on bedrest. Plus, to make us even more confined to the house, my brother and his friends tore up one set up wooden stairs in the morning to try and redo the stairs. Well, about ten hours later, with the blind leading the blind (none of them are carpenters after all), trying to cut rebar and digging into the slope, they finally got the foundation laid, and one stair done after 9 pm.

Chris and I missed my cousin Geoff's high school graduation ceremony, as neither one of us, call us "Limpy" and "Bedrest Girl", were gonna start hiking with our kleets up the mountain in the dark.

We spent most of the day watching movies on TV, eating, sleeping, me working on report cards, and Chris helping to dismantle my desk to (eventually) bring up to my auntie and uncle's house....that is, once we have stairs again.

Jay has to go to work tomorrow, so we're bedridden for at least one more day. Hopefully he finishes the stairs on Tuesday. It's only one section of the stairs (about 10-15 stairs), but it's right in the middle of the hill, and there's only one way up and down to the house. I do have doctors' appointments to go to!

No comments: