Thursday, May 17, 2007

Bedrest

Thursday, 17 May 2007

After taking care of some property insurance stuff of Dad's this afternoon, I went for my checkup at the OB doctor's. After coming to the conclusion that there are more than two things in my body that can cause preterm labor, he officially put me on bedrest for the rest of the school year. When I asked about teaching summer school, he said I probably won't finish the session out, as he sees me giving birth more than a few weeks early, probably a month, which means July, and hopefully not June, as long as I rest and stay off my feet these next few weeks. I will go into work tomorrow just to tidy things up and finish off the week, then try to find a sub to fill in these last couple weeks of school.

When I told him I climb up and down 85 stairs daily to get from my car door to my front door of the house, he told me that's all I better be doing! Can't really avoid that one I guess. It's good that I keep going into the hospital to get the NST's twice a week. Soon enough, I'll have the "system" of contractions figured out and I'll be able to really know my body and the baby's movements. So, everyone's keeping on top of things. Just hope I can stay away from school, especially when I'm supposed to lead a Spring parent meeting and final presentation of the kids' work next week. Need to keep Junior in for at least 6 more weeks! Called Miya to tell her she better move up that baby shower she's planning on throwing for me. Geez, guess we really need to start cleaning the house now! And perhaps get some baby furniture?!

No comments: