Monday, December 17, 2007

Back to Hawai'i

Monday, 17 December 2007

We had a safe flight back, after getting to the airport at 6:30 this morning. Even though the flight was a little delayed, Chase was really good. Everyone commented on how well behaved he was on the flight. Chase was super active, so I spent most of the time bouncing him up and down the aisle and at the back of the plane where the flight attendants hang out. He had fun making faces and smiling and cooing at everyone. As people would go to the back to go to the restroom, they would blow bubbles and make funny sounds to make him laugh. We napped here and there. And, I was lucky to have asked for an extra seat next to me, so I had room to lay him down and spread out all of his things.

As we landed, I checked for a summery outfit to change him into, but I had forgotten to pack one in the go bag, so I decided to just take his winter outfit off and carry him in his birthday suit. I handed him to my mother-in-law in a diaper and a bib, perfect for Hawai'i weather anyway.

He was fine all the way home. But, when we got home, there was a problem.

I was locked out of the house! I had left my keys with my uncle, but Chris had taken them back when he got back. Now, they were inside the locked house! After several failed calls to Chris at work, I called my brother, and he just happened to be off of work and happened to be in the area, so he came home and opened the door for us. We chatted a bit, then Ron and Audrey took me grocery shopping (since Chris had totally cleaned out the fridge and there was no food in the house either!). We got a late afternoon snack as well at the new Safeway and headed home. I was exhausted! It was a long day for sure!

Even though I was tired, I knew I was going to stay up late unpacking and cleaning and putting everything away before I could go to bed. Chase was super fussy tonight and still has wind burn on his cheeks. We'll see how the evening goes. Mom called to see if we got in okay, and she told me they're already having Chase Withdrawals! Gary says he misses bouncing Chase around the dining room table to put him to sleep. And, Mom says she misses bathing him and playing with him and hearing his sounds (as the house must be pretty quiet now!).

1 comment:

Anna Rae said...

You better make yourself a spare key and hide it somewhere! It sounds like your trip was a very happy one. Do you have a tree decorated at your own house?
Teresa (on AR's computer)