Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It's Just Me And You, Kid






Tuesday, 11 December 2007

Chase and I stayed close to home today. It's harder to go out now that my mom and Gary are at work all day and I'm here by myself with baby Chase (especially since I don't have Chris here to drive or navigate and Chase has not been sleeping well the past couple of nights).

I took Chase for a walk around the neighborhood, around the greenbelt, past the Portuguese Community Park and to the shopping area with the grocery store and coffee shop and such. It was a nice sunny day, and it was neat to see the houses for sale in the neighborhood. We stopped to look at the ducks playing in the canal along the bike path. Chase just stared at them. We visited them again in the afternoon, and then again around dinner time with Mom. In the late afternoon, a woman was feeding them, and about a hundred ducks and geese were climbing out from under the fence and going into her yard to get food from her. I wish I had my camera then! Perhaps I'll try to catch them tomorrow. Chase was not so sure about those geese honking so loudly, on the other side of the fence, about a foot away from his nose!

Mom, Gary, Chase, and I walked around the neighborhood checking out all the Christmas lights before heading to dinner at a popular Japanese restaurant. Chase was not too happy when we got home and I was getting cleaned up though. Once I got out of the shower, he just wanted me to calm him down.

We'll see how tonight goes! It's a lot harder when "it's just me and you,kid."

No comments: