Saturday, December 29, 2007

I HATE BUGS!



Saturday, 29 December 2007

Woke up at 6 am to the sound of Chase talking and playing in his crib. He does that quite often. I'd much rather hear him playing and talking than crying. He entertained himself for quite awhile and then I got out of bed to nurse him. I noticed all these mosquito bites on the right side of his face! Yikes! There have been lots of mosquitoes around the house lately because of all the rain. They've been eating me like crazy! I've always been afraid of them eating Chase. Looks like they chowed down on him last night. Poor baby has one on the back of his neck, five on his right cheek, one on his earlobe, and one on his wrist. Other than looking all splotchy, he doesn't seem to be bothered by them at all. He was all talkative and smiles and blew bubbles. I even went to 7 am yoga this morning (after a month hiatus, and boy did it feel good to stretch again, and it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be!), and when I returned, Chris said Chase was up most of the time, just playing and babbling away. He was probably swearing at that darn mosquito that got him! Perhaps he's getting back to his normal schedule again.

As Chris made waffles and turkey bacon for breakfast, I carried Chase in my carrier and swept the entire house. I didn't want to put him down because we have been having infestations of bugs at night. They are attracted to the light and tiny enough to come in through the screens. Looks like they just come in and then die. They are all over the kitchen counters, the sink, the floor, and the blankets he usually lays on. I had just swept them up yesterday, and now there were thousands of more dead ones all over the place! So, I swept the floor, moved his toys and blankets, and swept all around his room and the bedrooms and living room. There are tons by the nightlights in the house too. Disgusting. That's the one thing I hate about Hawai'i....all the bugs! I've never liked them! And I don't want Chase lying in them! Gross! So, we bounced around the house sweeping and then I would bend down to sweep them up in the dustpan. It's a good thing Chase doesn't get motion sickness. Actually, all the moving around put him to sleep. And by the time I was done getting most of the bugs, breakfast was ready. So, I was able to put Chase down and eat!

Of course, when I'm done eating, I know my paranoid self will be on the search again for more dead bugs and mosquitoes! Disgusting, I tell ya! Now I know how I'll be spending my Saturday...

We went to dinner at Gyo-Kaku tonight with the old high school gang, Melissa, Joel, and David. We had fun cooking the meats and veggies and Kobe steak over the grill at our table, yakiniku-style. But, it was difficult sitting in a booth style seat with Chase. He was so wiggly, and we had to prevent him from grabbing all the little Japanese dishes on the table. It would have been easier to sit at more open seating...We don't do well with booths.

We enjoyed dinner and conversation nonetheless and had more to celebrate when Melissa announced that she is engaged (Her boyfriend Joe proposed last week), and then David announced that he and Amy are engaged (They also got engaged last week!). What a surprise from the both of them! Congrats to Melissa and David!....Now, we're just waiting for Joel to find a girl!

No comments: