Sunday, December 16, 2007

Meeting The Rest Of The Family

Sunday, 16 December 2007

Gary took me to pick up my Christmas photo cards at Costco, then I came home and prepared a salad. We had guests coming for dinner, Gary's side of the family whom I've heard so much about over the years but I have never met. There was his sister Lynda, who's been a devout blog reader since my days in Thailand. Then there's Gary's daughter Andrea, who's close in age to me (and will be my new stepsister), and lives about half an hour away from them, with her newlywed husband Tom. We had an early dinner at 3 pm. It was a nice time, getting to finally meet those I had heard so much about. We had fun eating gnocchi and salad, laughing, talking about Andrea and Tom's application for The Amazing Race reality show (using their May-December relationship as their schtick), and watching football, while Chase entertained us all. Chase was hilarious, and Gary and Tom were good at making him laugh. I captured some good video of him practicing doing all of his calls as a referree, with Gary controlling his arms of course.

After they all left, it was packing time for me! How to get all of the gifts and clothes and goodies into 1 suitcase? Hmmmm.....

No comments: