Monday, December 31, 2007

Out With A Bang!

Monday, 31 December 2007

I know it's New Year's Eve and all, but I guess Chase REALLY wanted to end this year with a bang.

OH BOY, DID HE!

At 9 am this morning, Chase was playing away in his new (but used) exersaucer when I smelled something all too familiar. How come he always leaves it for mommy AFTER daddy leaves for work?! It was a poopy explosion, all out his diaper, up his back, almost to his neck, and it was really stinky....and messy. I had to pretty much peel him away from his outfit and lay several diapers down and use many wipes, all the while preventing him from touching or grabbing any of it. That was the worst explosion to date. Then, right after I get him all clean and changed and soak his outfit, he starts to fall asleep while nursing. All of a sudden, he starts coughing, and I lift him up, and he spits up everything, all over him, me, and the sofa. It's a good thing I didn't bathe him yet (cuz I was about to after the first explosion). And it's a good thing I haven't bought a new couch yet (I have a feeling that having a dark colored couch for the next few years will work out just fine.).

Guess he figured he would make an explosion of his own since he can't take part in the fireworks festivities tonight.

Even though the bug light was zapping all night outside, and about three mosquitoes were caught in the indoor lamp, Chase still got two bites on his forehead and three or four bites on his leg (even though he was wearing a footsie sleeper). Darn! I'll still have to find a mosquito net to cover him up at night!

Well, it's only 10 am, and the morning has already started off very exciting (not to mention I got my own surprise...for the second time this month)!

It's super windy and overcast and drizzly today. That's good because the wind will help dissipate the smoke from all the fireworks tonight. Judging from the amount of fireworks that were sold at Costco alone yesterday and the explosions that have been already happening each night in the neighborhood, the valley below is going to full of fireworks tonight!

Tonight, we went to Chris Otake's house for her annual New Year's Eve party. Chris and my dad dated for many years when I was a teenager, and we spent many years celebrating new year's, birthdays, Halloween, Christmas, along with other everyday things at her house. I marveled at the fact that we "used" to be all the kids running around, and now all of us "kids" are the ones with our own children. There were many toddlers and babies, the next generation, along with Sky, Chris' granddaughter, celebrating her birthday (New Year's Eve baby) tonight. We left after 10 pm, when the neighborhood and the house started getting really smoky from all the fireworks, and Chase was super fussy from fighting going to sleep.

We bathed him, put him to bed, and stayed up to see and hear all of the explosions and illegal aerials in the valley below. I videotaped it for Chase to watch one day, since he slept through it all.

No comments: