Thursday, December 27, 2007

Crappy Weather

Thursday, 27 December 2007

The weather has been really crappy this week, with lots of wind and rain all day and night (I've actually worn fleece to bed, especially because I still need to get up in the middle of the night and nurse Chase). So I've been trying to do laundry, but have had to hang it up in the house since I cannot hang it on the line outside. I've been using the dryer a lot more too, and tonight, we actually had to turn our water heater on since we didn't have any sun all day.

We've been going out in the late afternoon just to get out of the house. (I've been watching the weather and escaping the house as soon as it's dry out!) We've been braving the malls, yesterday at Ala Moana and today at Kahala Mall. I've been returning gifts and browsing for ornaments on sale. I've also picked up some Sugar Bowl t-shirts in preparation for next weeks' big game. You know everyone is so excited for UH here that everyone is selling t-shirts. Chris met us yesterday after work, and we ate dinner at the food court.

Chase has been super vocal lately. Ever since we got back from California, he has discovered the sound "ah", and he says it loud and clear, all day long! It's really fun to hear his different sounds. He got so excited when a little boy sat next to us today, that he started kicking and saying "Ah....ah.....ah". He just wants to play with all the little kids, but he doesn't know how to crawl yet! Sometimes it just sounds like he's croaking like a sick duck.

I've been putting him on lots of tummy time since we're stuck in the house. He does the push up, but he usually gets frustrated after awhile. He is loving his new toys though. He's got ones that play music, ones that pop up, ones that light up, and ones that he can put in his mouth (well actually he puts EVERYTHING in his mouth if he can get his hands on them!).

The only thing that's not so good about being stuck in the house is that we've been sleeping in. I NEVER sleep in, but I haven't been sleeping well since we went on our trip, and the bed is just so nice and warm and cozy! I have to start breaking that habit though because I need to get Chase back on track and to his normal schedule before we went on our trip. He's going to need it when I go back to work in a couple of weeks. Poor thing, he's been getting mosquito bites too. I think because of the rain, there are a lot more mosquitoes around the house. He has a bite on his face and he's gotten them on his hands and arms and legs. They don't seem to bother him much, so that's good. They bug the heck out of me because they love me! Hard to believe that I'll be finally going back to work in a couple of weeks! I'm not sure I'm ready yet, but at least it's only half-day.

Until then, I'll enjoy staying home and playing with Chase all day, even if it's yucky outside.

No comments: