Saturday, December 22, 2007

Jay & Shelly's & Some Flipping Fun



Saturday, 22 December 2007

Chase slept in until 6 am! That’s the longest stretch he’s ever had so far! And, I slept like a rock as well, which would be why I felt like a rock too. Though I could have gone to yoga this morning, I opted to go back to sleep after feeding Chase, and we all slept in a few more hours, catching up on some much needed sleep.

The most exciting thing happened today...Chase turned over for the first time! Chris watched him do it a couple of times in the crib. Of course, it's like a dog doing new tricks...We just kept watching him to see if he would do it again. Of course, he flips from his tummy to his back (the easy way babies usually do first), so we're trying to make him flip from his back to his tummy. He tries, but he usually just ends up rocking on his hip back and forth, trying to flip his leg over, but not quite getting enough momentum to make the complete turn. So, Mom, even though it was your goal to make Chase flip over before we left California, I guess he just needed a week's more time!

It was a productive day, as we cleaned house today. I reorganized and relined and cleaned out the kitchen cabinets. It helps that Chris is here to watch and entertain Chase. I can get housework done uninterrupted. He helped carry up lumber, and then he baked macadamia nut brownies too. I went to the mall to get gift certificates for tonight’s yankee swap game.

We got ready to go and packed lots of alcohol up (since I haven’t been drinking for awhile now) to take to Jay and Shelly’s new house in Kailua. I conveniently ran into my friend’s mom outside a grocery store and handed her my friend’s Christmas present as she was preparing to ride away on a motorcycle. What timing! Once at Jay’s house, we unloaded all the presents and boxes of alcohol, enjoyed appetizers, chatting with old friends, and showing off the baby. He was in a really good mood. Hayley held Chase for awhile so we could eat dinner. We played the yankee swap game (with the $40 gift minimum) and ended up with some kitchen knives and Starbucks and Subway gift cards.

Their house is really nice, and Kaliko is so much happier there. She has lots of room to roam around, and she hardly barked at all. I think she enjoys her freedom more there rather than being chained up at our house barking at the pigs for entertainment.

After entertaining Chase with the robot someone won (and of course showing Shelly Chase's new trick of turning over), we left close to 11:30 pm. Another late night indeed.

It was fun, but I know we’re all going to sleep in tomorrow too. I think yoga is out for me once again.

No comments: