Saturday, April 05, 2008

The Flu

Saturday, 5 April 2008

I've got the flu. All night last, I had body aches and was cold. I slept in a fleece jacket, fleece pants, and under a down comforter (in Hawai'i!). Getting up to nurse a baby with a runny nose was taxing as I was like a zombie, who felt like I just ran a marathon. This morning, I went to the doctor and they gave me a shot and some medication. I can't take the strong stuff because I'm breastfeeding, so I can only take ibuprofen and and some other stuff to ease the fever (which last I checked was 102 degrees) and body aches.

Chase and I both slept most of the day in two to three hour chunks with Chris taking care of us. He would bring him to me to nurse in between doing laundry. He's taking good care of us sickies. Poor Chase just wants to be with mommy too, so I've had to feed him, shower him, and hold him most of the day. He just screams with Chris.

It's going to be a long weekend.....I feel like crap!

1 comment:

Gloria said...

oh man, i feel your pain! i've been home caring for the entire family with the flu this wknd and the last 3 days i've been hammered with it. there were moments this morning when i was like "just kill me now!". glad to see you guys are doing better. awesome blog;)