Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Productive Weekend

Sunday, 13 April 2008

Well, I managed to miss yoga both yesterday and today thanks to sleeping in past 7 am because baby Chase kept me up all night. Guess the 12 hour sleeping thing only happens when he's really sick because now he's back to his "I'll just wake up and scream two to three times a night and see if someone comes to get me" sleeping routine. I'd like to think that I could just roll over and sleep through it. But, not when he's screaming that loud through our single walled house. There were times when Chris got up and tended to him. But, ultimately, mommy had to come to the rescue to nurse him back to sleep. So, no yoga.

We managed to be productive in spite of my lack of exercise though. Yesterday, we went to the weekly farmers' market at Kapi'olani Community College. I was quite surprised Chris woke up earlier than 9 am to go, but he was determined to get some good veggies for his salad. I was even more surprised when he said that he should get his lazy butt out of bed more often to go to more farmers' markets. Wow! It's always fun to walk around, see the different vendors, and eat some kettle corn. I ran into my dad's friend Don, who has a booth there and sells fruits and his popular strawberry mochi. He met Chase and commented on how Dad really was trying to hold on to see the baby. This week will make one year since Dad has passed.

Today, while Chris watched and entertained Chase inside, I was outside priming and painting the stairs. Two hours later, and with hands that looked like the Incredible Hulk's (in color, not in size), I had finished painting the stairs, landings, posts and adding sand to the stairs for grip. There were passing showers, but I was determined to get it done. It took lots of scrubbing, lots of soap, and hot water to get all that green paint off my hands and legs (I was almost afraid I would have to teach with green hands tomorrow).

We dropped of Chase at the Halsalls so that Chris and I could go pick up a mattress at Sears for Chase's crib (We had originally bought a new one, but after waiting for it for over a month, and finding out that we would have to wait another month for it, we decided to just borrow Miya's). Then, we did some last minute grocery shopping before heading back to their house for dinner with Chris' parents and Chris' friend Vince and new girlfriend Lauren. It was a nice dinner of fettucine and barbeque chicken and salad, with chocolate haupia pie for dessert. Chase was asleep by 7:30 pm, and we headed home at 8:30 pm to get ready to put ourselves to bed.

It's been a long, but productive weekend.

No comments: