Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sickness and Sleep

Wednesday, 23 April 2008

My immune system is just not the same anymore. I'm in a relapse again, not the flu (Thank Goodness!), but I'm fighting off some sort of sickness. This is the 3rd or 4th sickness I've had since I've been back at work. I've basically been sick every week for the past month. I slept for over an hour yesterday afternoon on the couch while Chase was playing in the kitchen and the living room by himself (Who knows what he stuck in his mouth!)...But he was as happy as can be (as long as I was there). That's how it goes these days. At Miya's, she has to be nearby. Once she gets out of eyesight, Chase freaks out and starts whining and crawling towards her. He's been like that at home too. He's okay in the morning for the most part. I can still put him down in the living room and go get ready in the bathroom. But, after about 20 minutes or so, when he realizes he's alone, someone needs to come join him and play with him (usually he makes enough noise so that Chris wakes up and plays with him so I can finish getting ready). Yesterday afternoon, Chris took Chase to the park so that I could sleep some more. Chris realized that if he gets out of a 15 foot range of Chase, then Chase comes crawling towards him quickly. A bit of separation anxiety.

He is sleeping better at night in the crib though. He's so worn out from playing all day that he goes to sleep fairly easily (after a couple of nursing sessions of course), usually around 7 - 8 pm (Tonight he was asleep before 7 pm!). I "dream nurse" (wake him up, but he's still in a slumber really) him one more time around 10 pm before I go to sleep. Then, he only wakes up one more time (around 3 am) to nurse before waking up between 6 - 6:30 am to play in his crib for about 20 minutes before I get him ready for the day. Sometimes he stirs in the middle of the night and cries, but usually I wait for Chris to get up and then he just rubs Chase's back and "shhh"'s him back to sleep.

Chase has had a rash of tiny bumps all over his body (mainly in his diaper area, some on his face and back and arms and legs). I think it's heat rash. But perhaps it's a food allergy? We'll see...It doesn't seem to bother him. It's been really hot lately though. So, today I went back to work with him to cool off in my classroom. Cooked dinner and baked some squash to try to feed to Chase (He wasn't too into it though.)

I've had to be at work at 7:30 am for meetings this week, so I've been trying to get us out of the house by 7:10 am. Doesn't always work though. This morning, the secretary was already calling me to make sure I was on my way because I was 10 minutes late!

Gotta go to bed now so that I can get up early in the morning!

No comments: