Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Wiggles-n-Giggles is Back


Wednesday, 9 April 2008

Today was definitely "Won Ton Min Day" as my dad would say. It was overcast and cloudy, white skies all day, with rain pounding down most of the morning. On days like today, when I used to pick up lunch for my dad, he would want me to pick up a Won Ton Min, his favorite Chinese comfort food....noodles in a salty broth, with kamaboko fish cake, thinly sliced char siu, and plump meaty dumplings (of course with yellow hot mustard mixed with shoyu to season the boiled won tons). So, I decided to get a won ton min for myself for lunch to honor my dad.

Gone are the moments where I'm cursing left and right because Chase has just inadvertantly bitten me because he has coughed or sneezed while nursing, thus reflexively biting down hard on my nipple simultaneously. Instead, I'm cursing now when he's biting me because he's jumping up and down over as if I'm a trampoline (the only thing is-- he has part of me in between his teeth).

There's no more screaming when we change his diaper (in fact I couldn't even find a toy or object to distract "Wiggles" this afternoon as he constantly flipped over and over while I was trying to change his poopy diaper -- thankfully, I was smart enough to not have unwrapped it yet), only screams of joy as Daddy comes home and plays peek-a-boo, scaring Chase from around every corner, then carrying him on his shoulders while Chase grips on tightly to Daddy's hair, with a huge grin on Chase's face.

Playing in the tub this afternoon was suprisingly no problem. I just sat him in there and he played with everything for about half an hour..no fussying, no crying, no anxieties....Sick one day and now he comes back a new man. He's like, "Ah, that ole tub! Huh! I've seen worse days..."

He gets all excited looking at the bright colors of his favorite book, talking and screaming at all the fun things he sees. And, when he wants to come find me in the kitchen, he crawls over to me with his one-knee crawl, the right knee on the floor, (but the left knee off the floor) and his left foot stepping along. Odd genes I tell ya. Must get that from his mother...the crawling thing that is. I never let my knees touch the floor when I was a baby. I crawled on my hands and feet with my butt high in the air.

And, just to make sure that Wiggles-n-Giggles is back to his happy ole self, I had to give him a good ole tickle in the ribs just to hear his hysterical giggle roar.

So, yes it is true, after a week of illness, Chase is feeling SO much better. He still has a cough with all that mucous that's been draining in him (How do babies get rid of that stuff anyway since they don't know how to purge it out? Must just come out in their poop.). But he's feeling better, no runny nose, and he's not lethargic and weak. Hmmmmmm...So does that mean we won't be seeing him sleep 8 hours in a row tonight?? I hope not (I'll be seeing the insides of my eyelids).

No comments: