Saturday, August 09, 2008

Back Pain is Beyond Painful


Saturday, 9 August 2008

Spent all week in pain since the low back pain I was experiencing on my left side last week gravitated down to my hip area. It was so bad this week that it was hard to be at work. It was hard to sit, stand, walk, basically just exist. As bad as contractions when I was in labor (and I should know as I had no pain medication). It was so bad throughout the week that I finally went to the doctor. After x-rays, which just confirmed my scoliosis, I know I probably tweaked it pushing too hard in yoga (cuz I'm not as flexible as I used to be pre-baby). Carrying baby and Costco groceries up and down 100 stairs daily just exacerbates the pain. I've been to physical therapy twice this week, where they massaged my back, taught me exercises, and did electrostim on my back. Today, my coworker friend did deep tissue massage on my body for over 2 hours! It was sore, but great. He tried to show Chris techniques, but Chris was too busy playing and entertaining Chase most of the time. I've been living on Darvocet and prescription ibuprofen all week. (and I'm not one to take medication for pain).

I managed to do some fun things this week in spite of the terrible shooting back pain and numbness

* Hung out with my cousins Tricia and Michelle and Uncle Ed and Aunty Denny visiting from San Jose, CA. Went to Ala Moana beach and played with Chase in the water. Chase slapped Michelle in the face and started laughing (naughty boy!). Went out to dinner with them tonight, along with my brother and Shelly. Good to see them and have the girls meet Chase for the first time (since they're away at college).

* Had a girls' night out last night at The Living Room, a club that our friend Sonyei's cousins just bought. It was her yakudoshi, 33rd birthday celebration. We ate good food (actually catered from the same restaurant we ate at tonight) and talked about blooming romances and reminisced about college days (Did I really wear turtlenecks all the time?). Chase spent all day at the Halsalls. I didn't get home until 9:30 pm!

* Didn't really do anything significant on 8-8-08 besides Sonyei's party. Didn't watch the Olympics opening ceremonies. Haven't seen Barack Obama yet.

* Posted a fun video (which you may have seen before) on www.hawaiiantel.com to enter Chase in the biggest UH Warriors fan contest. Register and click on "Go Warriors" if you want a giggle or two.

No comments: