Saturday, August 23, 2008

Korean Dramas

Saturday, 23 August 2008

Chase slept through the night till 6 am, as he has this entire week. He caught Taiga's cold though, as he's been coughing and sneezing all day, with a runny nose.

We managed to have a productive day. This morning, Chase played in the driveway. Then, we noticed a garage sale a couple houses down and stopped by to check it out. I bought a wooden activity cube for $5. He's been having a lot of fun exploring it. The rest of the afternoon was spent going to Office Depot to get mouse and keyboard pads, Nordstrom Rack for a quick shopping stop, Home Depot to get grass and fertilizer for our yard, and Kua'aina Burgers for lunch.

I watched some Korean dramas in the afternoon, as I watched for the entire night last night (giving up my Olympic watching because I'm so hooked on this show now!). We almost decided not to go, but after seeing Chase running amok in the house, decided he was feeling okay to go to the zoo.

Tonight, HMSA (Chris' company) had a 70th anniversary family celebration at the zoo. They rented the whole zoo out and had live Hawaiian entertainment, many inflatables and jumpers (and even the Tumblebus) for the kids, arts activities and games, hot dogs and hamburgers, a popcorn and shaved ice station, and the movie "Ratatouille" on the lawn. It was fun to ride the Waikiki Trolley to and from KCC to the zoo. We had fun hanging out with his coworkers from his department. The company put on a fun party.

Got home after 8:30 pm and Auntie Stevi said she had been watching the K-drama going on 6 hours! She even came down to our house to borrow one of the DVDs because hers was skipping (and there was no way she was going to miss out!). Their dog Selena followed us home, and I brought her back up to the house only to tease my aunt and uncle that their poor dog has been wondering why her family has been so busy watching K-dramas that they forgot about her! But, I can't tease, because right after I came downstairs, I turned on the TV and DVD and watched more K-dramas myself.

No comments: