Sunday, August 03, 2008

Beach "Bar"-B-Q







Sunday, 3 August 2008

Chase has not been sleeping well this week. Granted we've been taking him out past his bedtime. But, even prior to that, he's been waking up 2-4 times in the night. Not good. Especially since I just started back to work.

Today, we drove out to Waialua, on the North Shore of O'ahu to my friend Sonyei's beach house. The occasion? A "Bar"-B-Q for Cathy. It's such a small world I tell you. I went to high school and college with Sonyei. But, we only just reconnected a couple of months ago. Then, I found out that Cathy, another gal who went to UW with us (but grew up in Tacoma), is living here, just graduated from law school, and is dating Sonyei's brother Kalani! Small world. I haven't seen Cathy in over ten years. We went to celebrate her graduation from law school and her finishing her Bar Exam this past week...hence the "Bar"-B-Q.

Chase had a lot of fun playing in the grass with all the coconut husks and sticks. We both took him in the ocean a couple of times, and he had fun chasing crabs in the sand. Cathy and I caught up on friends we know here and from our college days in APSU. We pigged out on food, watched all the other kiddies and babies (Everyone has them I tell ya!), and even ran into my own relatives! (My distant cousin Marisel, who also went to my high school, was there with her husband and kids, since they all graduated with Kalani.) And I got to see the new couple enjoying couplehood...since my good friend Joel and Sonyei are now a couple (thanks to the reconnecting - since we're all high school classmates - at Chase's 1st birthday lu'au). Sonyei's dad actually came to my dad's funeral (as did Sonyei) since he worked with my stepmom. Hawai'i is so small.

We all had a fun time. It wasn't too hot, and we got to reconnect with old friends again. We drove back into town around 6:30 pm, fed Chase a quick dinner and put him to bed. It's been a busy weekend. Let's hope that he sleeps through tonight!

No comments: