Saturday, August 02, 2008

Manoa Bon Dance

Saturday, 2 August 2008

We went to Farmer's Market this morning since I skipped yoga (due to my back hurting). I always enjoy walking around and eating food, even if we don't buy a lot of fruits and vegetables.

Chris went bike riding this afternoon with his friends. So, Chase and I hung out at home. He went swimming in his pool in the yard and took a nap. Auntie Stevi and Uncle Gary watched Chase in the early evening so that I could go get my brows waxed at the salon. They took him for a walk around the block, fed him, and played.

Tonight, we took Chase (and Chris - since this was his first time as well) to another Bon Dance, this time -- my favorite one in Manoa Valley. I love going to this one because of its location, deep in the valley. The lanterns are beautiful. There are always hundreds of people in their kimonos, and the music and food are great as well. We didn't get there until 8 pm. Chase bounced up and down to the rhythm of the taiko drums. Of course, I enjoyed their teriyaki corn on the cob, chicken and rice, croquettes, and andagi.

It's a good thing Chase fell asleep on the way home because this is the second time we've taken him out past his bedtime!

No comments: