Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A Dip in the Pool

Wednesday, 31 August 2005

After work, I went to Dad's, and Uncle Gary came by to bring us all lunch. We enjoyed some spicy Thai food, then I went back to Kahala for staff meetings. My dad called to say they were going to the pool, so after my meetings, I went to Palolo pool, which is in my dad's neighborhood. I was so shocked to see my dad in the pool with my brother! The pool staff used a hydraulic lift chair, and all my brother had to do was transfer my dad from the wheelchair to the chair. The chair then lowers my dad into the shallow end of the pool. With Jay's help and a lifejacket, Dad was able to walk backwards to about 4 1/2 feet. It was good for my dad to get out in the cool water, and he felt good too. They have been talking about doing this for months, but this is the first time my dad actually took the plunge. Jay says we should take him everyday during this free swim from 3 - 5 pm, now that we know pools have this lift. Next time, he wants to see if Dad can get deeper, so he can straighten out his legs. And, what's nice about this pool is you can see our house on the side of the mountain!

Brought Dad home and showered him off. They're still having the bathroom tile fixed since they had it remodeled this month. So, we've had to give my dad showers in the driveway with the hose. Well, at least it's warm out! Nothing like shooting your father off with a hose!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

OMG! Even if it is hot there, that is a shower that must've taken your dad's breath away!