Sunday, August 21, 2005

Ki Ho'alu

Sunday, 21 August 2005

Dan helped me finish setting up the classroom again this morning, then we got lunch and headed to Kapi'olani Park Bandstand to sit and listen to the Slack Key Guitar Festival, or Ki Ho'alu. It was very relaxing listening to popular entertainers play Hawaiian music. I walked around and ran into Bree (Jay's ex-girlfriend) who was promoting her new day spa salon with massages. I also got a chance to sign up and register my name as a native Hawaiian for the Kau Inoa organization.

Later in the evening, Dan and I took in a movie and saw the hilarious "Wedding Crashers" at the Dole Cannery. I introduced him to the local style movie theater snack of popcorn-kakimochi (Japanese rice crackers)-furikake (nori seaweed seasoning mix you usually sprinkle on hot white rice)...A must-have for theater goers here. Just a relaxing Sunday.

No comments: