Monday, August 29, 2005

The Many Uses of Chopsticks

Tuesday, 30 August 2005

After work today, Jay took me, Dad, and Uncle Jimmy to eat dim sum at Happy Day near our house. We gorged on Chinese dumplings. As we were sitting there waiting to digest our food, my brother proceeds to tell someone (since the person does not want to be identified, no names will be used) that he has a booger up his nose. Since the person is unable to get the object out of the crevice himself, my brother proceeds to use his dirty wooden chopstick (but he wipes the pepper off of the end first) to dig for gold in the aforementioned's nostril. Mind you, we are still sitting in the middle of a Chinese restaurant. The rest of us are just cracking up, and a little bit disgusted by the whole incident, but hey, you do what you gotta do. And, just as the object is relinquished, I see the waiter staring in our direction. I suppose it's not everyday that you see someone sticking a chopstick up someone else's nose. I mentioned this to my brother, but he retorted by saying that the waiter has had his own finger up his nose the whole time. And, whaddya know?? I look over again, and he was right. (Again, let me remind you that we are still sitting in the middle of a Chinese restaurant.)

The moral of the story: If at first you don't succeed, try, try again....And chopsticks might help. (Sorry Dad, but it's just too funny!)

No comments: