Thursday, July 06, 2006

Can You Take The Heat?

Thursday, 6 July 2006

I overslept and missed morning yoga today and decided to take a day off (and watched a movie in bed instead), until I found out that I didn't have to stay at Dad's so late this afternoon, and figured I could actually go to 4:30 pm yoga. I usually avoid this class at all costs, because it's so hot, but decided to not break the streak and go anyway. I was dying of humidity exhaustion the last half of class, and the teacher could tell, as she asked me after if I was okay. It was a struggle. I could feel the Hawaiian food I ate for lunch start to come back up.

Tonight, I went out with Jon. We went to eat dinner at the trendy Japanese restaurant Shokudo where we pigged out on seared ahi, mochi cheese gratin, sushi, sashimi, and tofu. We talked about SCUBA diving, models, my dad, materialism, and well, let's just leave it at that. Then, we rented TransAmerica, a very interesting and engaging movie with Felicity Huffman who did an awesome job.

Mosi, one of my dad's morning caregivers, is going back to Tonga next week as her Visa is up. Dad says he'll miss her. She's a very sweet girl and has taken good care of my dad when we're not here in the mornings.

No comments: