Thursday, July 20, 2006

Kaua'i Bound

Thursday, 20 July 2006

After the second day of science workshops, doing fun experiments with magnetism, I went to Dad's and booked a flight on the internet to go to Kaua'i. For 40 bucks roundtrip (my great friend Nina let me use her buddy pass for the airlines), can't go wrong. I scheduled it to leave in a few hours, and went to pack a tote bag. Left O'ahu at 5 pm and got in at 5:30 pm. My teacher friend Sharon, who teaches kindergarten in Seattle, was waiting to pick me up at the Lihue Airport.

We went to the grocery store, picked up a bunch of groceries and headed back to the condo to unwind. It's a nice two story condo with two bathrooms, a full kitchen, and a nice lanai overlooking the pool and jacuzzi and out towards the ocean, with the waves pounding on the reef. I love the sound of the waves coming in at night.

We ate dinner in and had a nice time catching up about Seattle and teaching.

No comments: