Monday, July 10, 2006

Hope Everything Will Be Okay

Monday, 10 July 2006

After yoga this morning, I went to Dad's, and there was a new girl taking over the daytime caregiving. She will replace Mosi, who is leaving for Tonga tomorrow. The new girl, Pauline, is 19 years old, the same age as my stepsister. She is more Americanized, as she went to high school here. My dad is hoping she still has the same strong work ethic as the others, and is not just your typical 19 year old. Her mom caregives for three elderly people, so hopefully she knows what is expected of her. I did some shopping for gifts in the afternoon as my stepmom took Dad to see the pulmonologist.

My Auntie Shelley and Courtney got in safely this evening back in California. But, she told me that my grandmother had fallen today and is now in the hospital. My grandmother, who lives by herself and has Parkinson's Disease, has been slowing down, and today's fall was a scare and realization that she may need additional help. She came to visit us in Hawai'i last summer. Perhaps I can go and visit her soon. I hope she will be okay.

No comments: