Monday, July 03, 2006

Weekend O' Fun

Friday, 30 June 2006

6 am yoga...Early!!! But, it felt good not to break my streak, and I noticed how many regulars go to this early bird class. Went to Dad's by 8:30 am with Jamba Juice in hand. After napping, we went to watch "Superman Returns"...Not the same as the original, but the action and Kevin Spacey as Lex Luther was great. Still, it was weird not to see Christopher Reeve. Kai and I went to Art After Dark, enjoyed some food, looked at gallery artwork, gawked at the interesting performance artists, and girl talked. Afterwards, we ate some tempura udon at Jimbo's, then went back to her place so she and her fiance Jason could watch the video of my Cambodia travels. Now they understand what inspired me to go to Thailand to teach and travel.

Saturday, 1 July 2006

After yoga, I bought a new swimsuit and window shopped. My Auntie Shelley and cousin Courtney arrived today from California for a visit. We went to Gyotaku Japanese restaurant for dinner and caught up on their recent Vegas trip and looked at pictures of my relatives. She also showed me my cousin Kyle's 8th grade report on ALS, which was inspired by my dad of course.


Sunday, 2 July 2006

After yoga, I went to Ala Moana Beach to lay out and re-tan in my new swimsuit. I was out for about five hours, the last of which Auntie Shelley and Courtney joined me with Rainbow's plate lunches. We played in the ocean and I got really sunburnt again. I left for Kane'ohe to meet my friend Joel. He changed my oil in truck, then we went to Bayfest, a carnival of sorts with car show, food, music, and beer to celebrate the marines and navy. Joel and I challenged each other in a marine obstacle course on a blow up ride thing. I ran up and slid into things, climbed up a wall, dove over obstacles, and then did an arm hang for 40 seconds, which got me a keychain. If I had held for 70 seconds, I would have won a t-shirt. We rode on a bunch of rides (and surprisingly I didn't get sick!), ate kalbi plates, then listened to a live ska band Go Jimmy Go, and then alternative rock band Staind. We watched beautiful fireworks show on the bay and then sat in the car for an hour getting out of the parking lot. My brother and friends passed us on the way. Finally got home at 1 am... Sunburnt and exhausted.

Monday, 3 July 2006

After getting only 3 hours of sleep, I got up at 5:30 am and went to 6 am yoga. CRAZY! I was half sleeping through it all, but I made it and had a great class. Went to dad's at 8 am to get him out of bed, feed him breakfast, and then nap. We met Jay and Auntie Shelley and Courtney for dim sum for lunch. I had a little accident when I was pushing dad in the wheelchair across the parking lot towards the sidewalk, and the wheel got stuck in a pothole, propelling dad forward and off the chair onto the ground. Luckily, he didn't get hurt, and there were about six people walking by who ran over the help lift him. A couple people grabbed under his arms, and a couple grabbed his legs so we could hoist him back up. That's when I wish we used the seatbelt. But, no blood or bruises, so I think he'll forgive me. When Jay took over the afternoon shift, I went to meet Miya and friends for ice cream at a new Ben & Jerry's store and shopping at Nordstrom Rack.

Pooped, I opted for staying in this evening rather than going out. Watched Aloha Tower fireworks display from our lanai instead. Tomorrow will be a big day.

No comments: