Saturday, July 08, 2006

Daddy's Little Girl

Friday, 7 June 2006

I showed my dad my latest Time magazine issue titled "How Your Siblings Make You Who You Are", and I laughed and said that by reading this, I guess I'll finally find out how my brother Jay makes me who I am. My dad made a sweet comment by saying, "It SHOULD say 'How Your Daughters Make You Who You Are."

Yes, my dad is a sweetheart, and I know I'll always be Daddy's Little Girl.

I skipped yoga today (oh my!) because I had to get Dad up out of bed this morning, and my body was not about to go to 6 am class if it didn't have to. We read the paper, heard on the news about a robbery/murders on Tantalus committed by an Adam Mau (Our ears perked up when we heard "Mau"..'Did they say "Lau"?' My dad asked, "Oh no, I'm pretty sure they said "Mau".), whom we later found out is part of the rich Mau family, and we're not related to any rich Mau's, so we know that's a far, distant relative who committed such a heinous crime.

When Jay came to relieve me in the afternoon, I went on a coffee blind date with Carl. We had a great time talking about our travels (He's been to more continents than I have, and is multilingual, which is just awesome.), jobs, and living in Hawai'i. Went to Miya's afterwards to visit with her and we chatted over a late afternoon snack at Zippy's. Then, she dropped me off at the Moana hotel where my aunt and cousin are staying. We went to the First Friday Art Walk and listened to some great taiko drumming and jamaican/steel drumming music on the lawn in front of the Hawai'i State Art Museum.

The night ended with me back at Miya's talking into the late evening with her and Gwen about their families, marriage, communication, kids, and life. Let's hope I make yoga tomorrow morning.

No comments: