Tuesday, November 27, 2007

On My List of Things To Do

Tuesday, 27 November 2007

Chase is starting to experiment with speech these days. For a week now, he's been making different sounds by putting his lips together. It's cute. The only thing is that he often has milk in his mouth when he decides to make the sound and is about two inches away from my face so he ends up spraying and spitting all over. It's entertaining. As a result, Chase usually wears a bib these days. Now he completely lives up to his "Spit Up Baby" name in more ways than one! With all the spit up, drool from teething and sucking his thumb, and now spraying, Chase definitely needs a bib to keep him dry. Plus he loves to play with it and suck on it.

After my eye doctor annual checkup yesterday, the doctor looked at my eye again to examine the pengeculum (protein lump on my eyeballs that still have not gone away after two months). He said it's "quieted down enough" for me to try contacts again. They're sampling a looser contact on me so that the edge of the contact does not irritate the lump. Finally, after two months of wearing my glasses, I can put contacts in again! It feels good. I don't mind glasses. But I much prefer contacts. And get this...my prescription actually got better, which means my vision got better! Go figure! I didn't realize breastfeeding was good for the eyes too!

I'm busy working on my power point presentations and finishing up my reports for the audit today. I'll be leading the inservice at the staff meeting tomorrow afternoon. It will be nice to have these huge projects behind me and go on vacation. Yet, it's also a reminder that physically going back to work is right around the corner for me.

I think my plugged duct is gone, but the area is still really tender and feels bruised. I'm not sure if I should go to the doctor's or not, but I've been taking liquid soy lethicin (and it's pretty gross, not the taste, but the consistency...it's as if I'm swallowing a whole tablespoon of thick vegetable oil) to see if that helps keep the ducts away. I've also been nursing on that side like crazy around the clock, drinking plenty of water as usual, and doing warm compresses. I just don't want to get hit with mastistis when I'm on vacation.

The wild pigs are running in and out of the neighbor's yard through a crack in their fence, so our dog has been barking all the time (in broad daylight too...those pigs are ruthless!). Looking out the window, I also notice the invasive weed attacking our bougainvila and grapefruit trees. I really need to get out there and cut the spider web-like weed down, but I have no time. Dad always told me to watch out for that weed.

Get estimates for repairing the deck, windows, termite treatment, and yard work. Oh, there's just too many things on my list to do!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Chris watched a TV show tonight about pigs and he tells me they are "taking over the world". I guess every CITY in Texas has wild pigs. And I thought squirrels were bad...
Anyway, And just like the kids on the playground, I'm always up for a game of tag. You've been tagged. If you want to take part in the meme, check out my blog for the particulars.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya ~ Just checked in to see how you're doing and noticed the part about Chase spitting up sometimes and needing bibs. It so happens I met a lady who makes what look like really functional bibs for when the little one could use more coverage than the standard kind of bib. Anyway, just in case you want to look at her website, it's: www.PoiWear.com
Her name is Janice Naehu, and she designed the bibs when her niece or nephew needed something that would cover more.
Thinking of you,
Roz