Monday, November 05, 2007

Throwing Up Fun

Monday, 5 November 2007

Today, it rained cats and dogs, so Chase and I stayed in most of the morning. I did laundry and had fun playing with Chase. I was flying Chase around by my ankles, doing the see saw like my dad used to do with us when we were kids, up and down up and down about ten times...He was smiling and having fun...

Then, about 5 minutes later, he threw up on me and all over the couch. Nice. Guess I learned my lesson...Do not do the see saw with the baby after you have fed him. You would throw up too.

A carpenter came over (referred by the last guy who said he wouldn't do it) to check out the lanai and the house and give me advice and take measurements on what could be done to repair and add on to the house. I'll have to make some calls to find a structural engineer or architect to see if the house can handle a wrap-around deck and if we are even allowed to add on column supports, since our house is on conservation land. Brant was really nice and gave me some ideas on what can be done and what should be done as far as repairs go. Interestingly enough, he said our flooring of the deck looks actually pretty solid. It may not have to be replaced right away, even if it is thirty years old. The wood these days wouldn't be as strong anyway. The weathered and rotting railing, on the other hand, definitely needs to be replaced.

After a quick lunch, Chase and I headed out in the pouring rain to my eye doctor so that I could have him check my pengeculum in my eyes again. He told me to keep taking my eye drops he prescribed for me a month ago. I'm tired of wearing my glasses, but as long as I have these bumps on my eyeballs, I cannot wear my contacts. It's been over a month already, and they were supposed to go away in a week! Guess I better be more diligent about putting those drops in my eyes 6 times a day!

Chase was really good at the doctor's and the nurses admired him while we waited and held him during my exam. It's a good thing that the traffic moved at a snail's pace on the freeway (and that I fed him prior to getting on the freeway) because he fell asleep on the drive home.

It's been a really wet day. It was almost like hail as I drove on the freeway. Everyone went really slow because it was so hard to see through the rain. We managed to walk down the stairs right before it downpoured again and had my homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner.

I tried to show Chris Chase's latest trick to make him laugh and giggle (Everytime I touch his nose with my nose, I go "Got your nose!" and my hair touches his face and tickles him....he just smiles and laughs and giggles.), but Chase was only interested in babbling and cooing tonight. Thank goodness I didn't make him throw up again! But, Chris gave us some laughs tonight when he showed us an email cartoon that his friend Jason edited and sent "just for Daddy!".

No comments: