Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A Long Day

Wednesday, 9 January 2008

Today when I weighed myself on the scale, I realized that I have lost a lot of weight since the pregnancy, too much actually. I am now 10 pounds lighter than I was pre-pregnancy. I think I haven't been eating enough, but because I am breastfeeding and losing so many calories when I do so, I need to eat more. Chris says I'm losing muscle because I am not going to yoga as much, which is probably true, but I still need to gain more weight.

Chase was up every couple of hours last night again. I am so exhausted today. I don't know how I am going to teach the kiddies next week functioning on so little sleep. Perhaps Chase is going through a growth spurt, but it's driving me crazy. We try to let him cry it out, but that only lasts so long at night. Chris has been trying to get up with me at times and has been trying to put him down at night, but he still only wants mommy, and that seems to be the quickest fix.

I decided to get my haircut today, and Bree fit me in at her salon. Within a couple of hours of deciding to get my haircut, I left the salon with a short bob. It's probably a bit shorter than I thought I would get it cut, but I was getting so frustrated with the length; Chase has been pulling all of it out anyway! Besides, it will grow. So, see, this is really a preventative measure in order to babyproof my hair. Geez, you have to babyproof your hair, babyproof your house, and babyroof your marriage! Babies are a lot of work!

Chase sat on my lap the entire time I got my hair cut! He was really good! A couple of times I nursed him underneath the cape. And, then we covered him with a towel as she cut the layers. We played peek-a-boo under the cape, and he had fun looking at himself and me through the mirror. He even sat on my lap during the shampoo and head massage. He would turn around and look at me upside down, just to see what was going on. Other clients and stylists thought it was cute.

After my hair chopping, we went to meet Christina (my long term sub) at Kahala Mall so we could discuss curriculum, daily planning, and the next quarter (since I've been so ou-of-the-loop, and I'll be teaching starting next week, and she will be still helping me as a part-time teacher.) We came up with some good ideas and projects for the rest of the year.

Went home and got cousin Geoff to help me carry up a futon frame and mattress I was selling on Craigslist. It turned out to be more work than I thought as we couldn't maneuver it out of the room without taking the door off the hinges and taking apart the futon frame and putting it back together once we got it out of the house. Many scrapes on the floor and mosquito bites later (all the while with Chase in m front carrier), Geoff and I carried the futon frame all the way up 85 stairs (though Uncle Gary had to help me the last dozen or so by their house, as Chase had fallen asleep by this time, and I was afraid of dropping the frame - perhaps not the safest thing to carry furniture while carrying your baby at the same time). The couple came to buy the frame and mattress and Uncle Gary and Geoff helped load it in their van. I gave Geoff the money since he did all the legwork and moving to get it out of here!

All sweaty and dirty and tired, I was exhausted and hungry and couldn't wait for Chris to come home from work after grocery shopping. I was a bit grumpy from being so tired and hungry, as it was a long day. Chris not only brought home groceries, but flowers too, and even cooked dinner so that I could take a shower and clean up a bit. I forgot to give Chase his multivitamin/flouride again today when I bathed him. Still need to get into the habit of doing that. Chase was grouchy too tonight, but once he finally went down, we enjoyed watching Project Runway, until he got up again and then had trouble falling back asleep as usual. Chris tried to feed him a bottle, but with me around, that proved to be unsuccessful. So, as much as I wanted to just crash, Mommy came to the rescue, and I don't even remember the night really, but I think Chase still woke up several times to nurse, making for another long day indeed.

No comments: