Monday, January 21, 2008

The Long Weekend



Friday, 18 January 2008

Chase was very talkative and active all day long at the Halsalls. He is so active and wants to go, go, go. He stands up on our laps and on the floor (Of course, we still have to hold his hands.). Carrying him proves a little trickier these days, as he is a super wiggle worm and wants to kick and move in order to see everything around him.

We went to eat at Hale Vietnam tonight, the first time we've eaten Vietnamese food in a long time. As we were leaving, the server commented and said, "Oh, the baby looks like Daddy, huh, not you." Uh, yeah. That obvious, huh.

Saturday, 19 January 2008

Chris made breakfast, homemade waffles and sausage. He also did laundry. It sure does help when he is domestic on the weekends. Besides, I was completely exhausted from being up all night soaking myself and having pain in my boob all night.
We took Chase to his first visit to Pearlridge Shopping Center. I hadn't been there in years, probably since I was in high school. We rode the tram to the other side, window shopped, and reminisced as we ate at the Macy's Gazebo restaurant, one of Chris' favorite places to go as a kid. We pushed Chase in the stroller for the first time, and he enjoyed looking all around at everything. It was a long night, as we didn't even get home until 10 pm.

Sunday, 20 January 2008

We took Chase to his first visit to the Honolulu Academy of Arts. One of my favorite museums here, we explored the grounds and the galleries for free as it was Family Sunday today. It will be more fun when he's older, as there are art and music activities for the kids, as well as academic activities for the school-aged children. Chase was awake and babbling though as we walked around the Vladimir Ossipoff exhibit. A famed architect here in Hawai'i, known for his open spaces and using the land and Japanese influence to build homes and buildings around the islands, Ossipoff's firm even built the Halsalls' house. So, it was neat to see what he created. Many of his buildings are still around today. It was interesting, especially because I am looking at repairing and doing changes to our home. I wish some of the architects could come to our house. What a pretty penny that would be I'm sure.

We went window shopping afterwards (and only Chris bought two pairs of shoes!), ate lunch at Kaka'ako Kitchen, and then headed home in the afternoon. We dropped Chris' parents off at the airport after getting calones and pizza. They're headed on vacation for a week in San Francisco.

Monday, 21 January 2008

Chris cleaned, did laundry, and went grocery shopping so that I could cook dinner tonight. We caught up on Lost Season 1 episodes on DVD. I need to catch up now that the new season is starting next week. I only started watching Season 2 or 3, so I need to fill in the holes. It's interesting to watch them in sequence, with no commercials and fill in the pieces of the puzzle.


All weekend I've been dealing with another plugged duct, which came back to haunt me on Friday night. I've been doing my regimen of pumping, nursing, and soaking every two hours. Of course, why wouldn't I be able to sleep in and enjoy my long weekend after my first week of work?! Well, I didn't go to yoga at all this weekend because of it either. I was too exhausted. Though I did drag myself there at 6:15 am this morning, only to drive right back home in the dark, after getting there and realizing that class had already begun at 6 am.

My goal of trying to go into the classroom this weekend to prep did not work, as I was too lazy and unmotivated to think about work. We'll see how this week goes. At least it's a short one.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

It is so much fun when they start to talk! It sounds like his first words could come before his birthday. Anna Rae was an early talker. i hope your boob is unclogged. Have a great SHORT week(;