Saturday, January 05, 2008

Windows and Appetites (Both Big Deals In Our Household!)

Saturday, 5 January 2008

Chase was up every couple of hours last night. So, I figured since I was already up, I might as well go to 7 am yoga. My neck was still sore from practice last week. I don't think I'm used to all the stretching yet. But it was a really good practice, especially since it's been cool and rainy in the morning, so that heat is nice.

Had a guy from a window company come and do measurements and give us an idea of what kind of windows we can get to replace our old termite eaten wood and glass jealousies. I wanted awning windows, but because we have walkways all the way around our house, those wouldn't be ideal as someone might knock their head on them if they're open. So, we went with sliders in most of the house, which are three times cheaper anyway. We'll what the estimate comes out to be. This is a pretty pricey company, because everything is custom made locally. They are the only ones that have bronze vinyl though, but I have a feeling when the installation costs come in, they will charge a lot more because of the access to our house (as they guy asked me, "Is this the only way to your house?" while walking down our 85 stairs) and they might need to set up scaffolding (so he says, even though the house was built without scaffolding or any stairs at all!) to replace the picture window frame and windows in the master bedroom which take up one whole side of wall.

We cleaned today and I brought Chase upstairs to visit Uncle Gary and Auntie Stevi who returned from their own winter California trip last night. I brought my zapper racket, but I still got bit by mosquitoes! Not quick enough hands!

Tonight, we decided to go to the Windward side to pick up a playhut tunnel set from a gal. I figured it would be fun for all the older boys to play with when we go to Miya's. Once Chase starts moving around, I'm sure he'll have fun in it too! We stopped by Kailua town and went to Pier 1 Imports and then went for pizza at CPK ASAP. I didn't even know it existed! I wished they had one in town! It was so much faster than waiting for an hour for a seat at the regular CPK restaurant, and just as good food!

Funny thing is, when Chris got our pizza and salad, he put it on the table and walked away. Within seconds, Chase had grabbed one of my pizza slices. Everyone around us was laughing. And, then while eating, he totally eyed out every bite I took of my pizza and salad. This boy was practically salivating at the mouth. So, I figured he was hungry. Good thing I found some dry oatmeal I had packed in the diaper bag. I asked for warm water and fed it to him. He ate the entire thing. So, Chris went to Long's to go get some baby food. And then he ate a whole container of applesauce too! Boy, was he hungry! When we got home, he was fussy again, but after I nursed him, he was all smiles! Guess he's got my appetite..he'll go from grumpy to happy in seconds as long as he is fed. It's that Mau appetite I tell you! I think this boy will have no trouble eating when he gets older. As soon as his teeth grow in (and they're coming in, believe me I know!), he's going to be eating everything!

Chase is definitely getting separation anxiety though, particularly at night, when he's really fussy. As I took a shower this evening (which I relish this time as my only time of solitude), all I could hear was Chase screaming with Chris. Finally, they opened the door to the bathroom, and Chris asked "Can you just look at him so that he can see that you are here?" And, one glance at Mama and that cured it all. He was all smiles. After getting myself all cleaned up, I held Chase, and he looked over at Daddy and smiled. Guess the boy got what he wanted...his momma.

We watched a movie after Chase finally went down (after fighting going to sleep again, then listening to his lullaby book, looking all around at the shadows in the room, then falling asleep in the swing - which probably took about an hour total).

No comments: