Tuesday, March 11, 2008

All Worn Out

Tuesday, 11 March 2008

Miya and Pua took all the boys (Mason, Max, Aiden, Taiga, and Chase - 3 toddlers and 2 infants) to the park and had fun today. I took Chase to the mall this afternoon to cool off. I put him in the stroller (which I rarely do), but he's so curious and wants to look at everything, that I thought he could occupy himself enough with people-watching and cheerios so that I could sit down at a table and work on report cards (since the quarter ends this week and we'll be on spring break the next 2 weeks). But, no, he wanted me to play with him of course. So, I just ended up strolling him around until we cooled off a bit then headed home.

Stewart, our handyman, has been back to work this week on the stairs (after he was getting over a bad infection for 2 weeks). They'll be finished soon, and we'll have 30 new stairs (real wood ones, not just the cinderblock ones we've had for 30 years!) all along Uncle Gary's house (which is only a third of the stairs down to our house actually!).

I grudgingly dragged myself to 6:30 pm yoga tonight (I'm slowly trying to build up my yoga practice back to my 4x/week routine.) It was so hot out, that I was so close to not going, but I knew I wouldn't regret it. It was a super challenging class, with an energetic teacher and good girls in front who helped motivate me to keep going. Even though he hardly opened any doors and it was a packed class, I didn't give up. I felt so good afterwards (and my towel was soaked of course!).

It's a good thing I made a crock pot pot roast tonight. It had been stewing all day long. Chris made a salad and rice, so dinner was ready when I got out of the shower. Plus, Chris said that Chase went down super easy after he was fed and bathed. Last night, he slept for a 7 hour stretch (which is a record thus far!), and tonight he slept for a 5 hour stretch before waking. I think the sleep training is working. Plus, Chase plays so much with the boys, that I bet he's all worn out from the day.

No comments: