Friday, March 28, 2008

Look For Purple Tags!

Thursday, 27 March 2008

Wow, the week is almost over, which means my Spring Break is almost over...and I spent most of it sick. Great. So, today, after I dropped Chase off at the Halsalls, I headed to Young's Fish Market to get a catering menu for Hawaiian food. Then, since I was just right around the corner from Price Buster's and Saver's, I just had to do some shopping. I got some placemats at Price Buster's, and before I knew it, I was shopping for two hours at Saver's, a thrift store/second hand shop. All the purple tags were 99 cents each, so I was on the lookout for those. Then I heard women saying, "Remember, purple and yellow, purple and yellow." My ears perked up..What's yellow? I listened some more, as I walked through the aisles and figured out that yellow tags were half off the current price. Geez... now I have to look for yellow too?! I called my Auntie Stevi to see what size she wore so I could look for clothes for her. I found some cute dresses for my cousin Lauren. I told myself "only purple tags, only purple tags." Then I found a Banana Republic dress for 99 cents! The best find was this leather/suede camel thigh length jacket with tie ...for 99 cents! It actually fit me, but I just couldn't see myself wearing something like that in Hawai'i! Do I just buy it for 99 cents!? Well, who could I buy it for? When I thought about it, perhaps my cousin Steph in Seattle would wear it, but then I would end up spending more money to ship it there...more money than it might be worth. Ah, never mind. I put it back on the rack. It was a good deal though. I could have been like my friend Kai and turned around and sold it on ebay. But, eh, who has the time? I don't even have time to upload all my pictures on my blog, much less monitor sales on ebay. So, after scouring the racks, I ended up spending $8 on a few dresses and pants and a jacket, and I did buy a pair of gaucho pants for myself..It wasn't a purple tag though. It was a yellow tag! So, I spent $3 on that one. Good buys all around. I deserved it. (At least, that's what I like to tell myself.)

Went to one more place (Yama's) to get a catering menu, then headed home to show Lauren my good deals and give her clothes. She was happy. Uncle Gary took us all to eat lunch at Sumo Ramen. Came home just in time to pick up Chase.

We spent the rest of the hot afternoon at the house playing, knocking down walls of toilet paper, trying to entice him to crawl with different toys sprawled all over the living room, and practicing standing by holding onto the couch and the bed. He was sure exhausted by 6 pm and took a short nap. He screamed again through the bath in the tub (even with a new tub from the Halsalls). My Honolulu Mommies friends say they've been there, done that. It will take awhile for baby to get used to tub bathing. Don't give up, and stick with it. He's not afraid of the walls of the turquoise blue bathroom. So, I guess we'll keep trying.

No comments: