Thursday, March 13, 2008

Playing With A Baby Is DEFINITELY More Fun

Thursday, 13 March 2008

Chase was sort of in a daze, nursing for a few seconds, and then looking up at me, like "Who are you?....And where is my mommy? You smell like her, but you look different. I know I'm tired and sleepy, but I'm so confused..." Perhaps it was the towel bouffant hairdo I was sporting after I got out of the shower to a screaming baby; Chris had handed him to me in the rocking chair so I could nurse him right away. It was funny, and at least I can laugh about it now. Last night, was quite a different story.

Thank goodness Chase's fever broke this morning. By 2:30 am, it was down to 99 degrees and by 7 am, it was down to 97 degrees. His temperature was around 97 degrees all day long. He was in much better spirits, laughing and playing and talking like his normal self at Nana's and Popsicle's house. He was super excited when I came home from work and he laughed and laughed (which is always a wonderful thing to come home to).

After hanging out at their house until mid-afternoon, we headed home and walked down our new stairs that are now wider and sturdier and uniform in size and shape. Feels more stable when you're carrying lots of things down to the house, and now Auntie Stevi has more room to put her laundry baskets down because there are actually landings every now and then! Hard to believe that we lasted nearly 30 years, going up and down the same single cinderblock stairs my dad built.

I tried to work on report cards, but Chase wanted to play, play, play. And what would you rather do anyway?...Write 60 report cards or play with a baby?!

When Chris came home, Chase had a huge grin on his face. So, we started playing peek-a-boo and hide-and-go-seek behind the curtains. Chase thought it was the most hilarious thing when Daddy would come popping out from behind the curtain. He laughed and laughed. Yeah, he's definitely feeling much better. We videotaped Chase's giggles. Chris brought Chase upstairs to cool off in the breeze and hang out in the yard with Uncle Gary and the cousins. We almost got distracted feeding and bathing him because we had to start watching "Lost", and then theorize about it afterwards of course.

I was unsuccessful in working on my report cards tonight. I don't understand where the time goes...or perhaps I'm just procrastinating so that I can spend the next two weeks of spring break doing them. Hopefully I'll get them done this weekend. I have high hopes.

No comments: