Monday, March 24, 2008

Starting Early

Monday, 24 March 2008

After nursing Chase at 5 am, decided to stay up and go to 6 am yoga this morning. Call me crazy, but it was a great workout when there are hardly any people (12 people vs. 50) and it's not nearly as hot as in the middle of the day or something. The morning class is usually filled with people working out before they head to work. I used to sneak this class in every once in awhile and show up just after 8 am (after the school bell rang) at work myself. But, can't do that now. Just this week, since it's spring break. When I got home, Chris was just getting up and was a bit perplexed to see me walk through the door. "Did you go to yoga this morning?" Yup.

Nursed Chase after I showered and cleaned up then left the house again, this time to drop him off at Nana's. Went straight to school to work on printing and collating my report cards, cutting and prepping stuff for next week, and organizing some things, like the April calendar pocket chart. I had to help a lost girl figure out where she was supposed to be, since her mom just dropped her off at school, even though the supposed program she enrolled in didn't exist. Before I knew it, it was 11 o'clock! And I realized I hadn't even eaten breakfast yet!

So it was time to head home. Picked up Chase, ran a few errands, and then went back home to hang out with Auntie Stevi, as we both complained about the heat, tried to get Chase to walk and/or crawl towards their dog, and then observed the work that Stewart, our handyman, is doing on the lower set of stairs. He's preparing to demo and build a new set in one day (as that's our only way in and out of our house!).

Stayed home tonight and Chris made ravioli (thanks to Costco!) and salad. We watched "Jon and Kate Plus 8" and marveled at how cute the kids are, how much they have grown, and how good it is that they take time to spend with each kid.

Chase did NOT like the new bathing area again. Last night he screamed though his bath in the new snug tub. Tonight, we put his infant tub in the bath tub and he still screamed. I think he's traumatized and doesn't like the tub. We have both tried going in the tub with him. I played with him near the snug tub, but he still freaked out. I think there are too many changes and so we'll have to transition slowly to a new tub and then to a new bathing area. He is ready to get out of the infant tub though. He wants room to play and splash. He's getting too big for the kitchen sink. He has even outgrown one of his 6-9 months pajamas! (I buttoned him all up and he couldn't even bend his knees! Guess that one's going in the box.)

No comments: