Friday, March 21, 2008

A Visit To The Easter Bunny



Friday, 21 March 2008

This week, Chris' mom watched Chase almost every afternoon so that I could work on report cards at home. I also was able to go grocery shopping when needed, or more importantly, take an uninterrupted nap today, since Chase was up every two hours last night. He might be sick. His nose was a little runny, but clear, this morning. Not sure if it's allergies or what I have. I looked at a Honda Odyssey van for sale. Still deciding what kind of family car would be best for our family, considering what we can afford of course.

After I picked him up this afternoon, I took him to Kahala Mall to take pictures with the easter bunny. I got there after 5 pm, but the bunny was on break from 5-6 pm, so I had to stroll around the mall and hope that Chase wouldn't get cranky or sleepy and hold out till after 6 pm. I kept letting people go in front of me in line because I was hoping Chris would show up shortly after 6 pm (as he had planned to meet me there after his haircut). But, it came to a point where I just had to play peek-a-boo and entertain him myself because I didn't want to risk him being in a bad mood for the picture. It was quite amusing watching parents do little tricks to make their babies smile. The photographer was good at getting kids to laugh. They even allowed parents to take pictures with their digital cameras, but I didn't get a good one with mine. Good thing the photographer caught him smiling. He wasn't even scared of the big, furry easter bunny. But, I took the advice of one of my school moms and put him straight down on the bunny's lap without him looking at the bunny, just straight at me instead. I think that helped. I just didn't want to chance it. I saw a few unhappy babies, and at that point, the photographer and parents just had to choose the nicest, less emotional picture.

Photobucket

Chris and I fed Chase while we ate Chinese food from Panda's. Then, we headed home to bathe him and put Chase to bed. He has been hyper for the last hour though, fighting going to sleep. Even with all the lights out, he was standing on me, bouncing up and down, fake laughing and trying to grab my face and climb all over me, hoping that I would interact with him. But I didn't. He persisted....for about twenty minutes. The fake laughing was the best. Cute, but kid, ya gotta go to sleep. Finally, I just plopped him in the crib, and he cried sitting up again for about half an hour before he finally fell asleep, exhausted.

Let's hope that tonight he sleeps longer than two hour stretches.

No comments: