Sunday, June 08, 2008

Favors, Food, and Fun (Well for Chase Anyway)

Sunday, 8 June 2008

Today was a very productive Sunday. Went to 7 am yoga and had a great workout. Went shopping at Pricebuster's for birthday party favors and everything fish and pirate related. I know...kind of an odd combination, but I like the blues and the fish, and Chris likes the pirates, so there. Turns out we can get most stuff here without having to order online and risk it not getting here on time, plus having to pay lots for shipping to Hawai'i. Went to Costco to price other things out: a cake, paper goods, and drinks. Bought a few groceries as well as an A/C unit for Chase's room (preparing for that summer heat) and ate a late lunch of polish sausage and pizza. I left lots of the stuff at Auntie Stevi and Uncle Gary's house, so that she and Lauren can help me assemble things without having to take it all the way down (80 more stairs) to my house. They helped me think of centerpieces and helped me put together my next party shopping list and to do list for the week.

Met the Halsall's for Sunday dinner at Big City Diner. We all ordered our usual hamburgers and fries and sides. Chase made a mess with his chicken and rice (most of it ended up being squished to the bottom of his foot), molding food sculptures on his high chair I think. Sarah, our friendly waitress, who wasn't even serving us tonight, treated us to a brownie sundae. Mmmmm! We shared our story of this week's dining issues: Disciplining Chase ("All Done!") when he starts throwing his food all over the kitchen during dinner. At least tonight he didn't take the poi out of his mouth and throw it on the ground! He can be a naughty boy!

No comments: