Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Productive Day

Saturday, 14 June 2008

Today was a busy day as Chris did loads of laundry and took care of Chase while I slept in until about 10:30 am (haven't done that in years!). We ran a bunch of errands, ordering dessert at various places for Chase's party, returning party things I didn't need (over $100 worth!) at Pricebuster's, and eating Hawaiian food for lunch. We bought some cute Nemo plates and things and during our stop at Kinko's, I managed to find a dress at the Siam Imports store next door (There goes my whole notion that I would never buy a product from Thailand at the quadrupled inflated price!). We got a shoe rack bench from City Mill. Hopefully, this will prevent Chase from playing with and eating our shoes. Probably not. But, at least it will make our entry way look a bit neater. We stopped at Manuheali'i to look at Hawaiian wear, but I could not convince Chris to find a matching family outfit for Chase's lu'au. While driving, I made phone calls to friends who are finding chafing dishes and cooler jugs and stuff we can borrow for the party. By the time we got home, it was nearly 5 pm. I made one batch of soap while Chase happily played with all the lids and scraps of paper on the floor. He quickly went asleep at 7:15 pm. Such an exhausting day.

No comments: