Sunday, June 01, 2008

New Owners

Sunday, 1 June 2008

We are the owners of a new car (well used, but new to us)...Now Chris will drive the Altima I've been driving all this time until that breaks down. He's got to get rid of his Miata that's not working and is stored at his parents'. I no longer have to open the car from the passenger side, cram stuff into small spaces, push the gas pedal really hard to get it going, or burn my butt on the leather seats. After Chase and I had lunch with Chris Otake at CPK and caught up on our lives, I picked up my Chris and we met the woman at her place. I took a quick look at her Honda Odyssey for sale too. It was nice, but really big. We're not ready for THAT big yet. They bought it because her teen boys have outgrown the wagon, but now they're getting rid of both cars because they're moving to the mountains. We talked about the education system in Hawai'i (as she works at UH, and her husband teaches at a school here). Speaking of schools, we chatted about Washington, as he'll be working at WSU and she'll be working at the University of Idaho. We also talked about the name "Chase" since they wanted to name their son that at first. She dropped the price for us (She actually had higher offers) a couple thousand below what they were asking. I drove off with our new (but used) '05 Subaru Legacy Wagon. Though Chris doesn't like the honu (turtle) stickers they have on the back of the car (I think they're cute, along with the surfer gal and surfer dude! So Hawai'i too!), most of all, I love the fact that there is a working stereo in the car (Chris' car I was using didn't have a stereo that worked, so I missed listening to music so much!). The car handles well, drives smoothly, has strong A/C, and has lots of room in the back and cargo area. There is small scratch near the back bumper and a couple of parking lot door dings, but nothing major. And, it was nice to buy a car from good people. We'll have to get it detailed because they were beach people and had two teenagers. But, that's partly why she gave us money off (plus, she liked us I think). She gave us a swim video before we left. She and her husband have been teaching swimming on the side and have made a video on how to teach babies and kids of all ages to competitive level swimming. We'll watch it soon because she said her kids learned to swim before they can walk! Soon enough we'll be able to put surfboards on the rack of the car and head to the beach with Chase so he can go surf!

No comments: